Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Recipes+Dogs+Murder = Page Turning Mysteries

Ernest Hemingway, in his discussions about writing said: 
Unlike the essayist, who E. B. White has argued is necessarily an egotist, the novel writer should write herself out of the story, yet her characters should spring to life from the wholeness of her being.

Dianne Harman's writings exemplify Hemmingway's standard of excellence. Whether a young adult or adult, Dianne Harman's Cozy Mysteries offer great entertainment. Young writers, if choosing the Cozy Mystery genre for a writing assignment, can look to Harman's wide range of  story lines to study and learn from her writing style.


I asked Dianne Harman to please share what in her background led to the  development of her memorable and believable characters. She responded with the following blog post. 

Thank you Dianne  Harman for the post and the kind offer of a free book.

I draw my stories and characters from a diverse business and personal background. I owned a national antique and art appraisal business for many years, left that industry, and opened two yoga centers where I taught and certified yoga instructors. 

I've traveled extensively
throughout the world and love nothing more than cooking, playing backgammon with my husband, Tom, and throwing the ball for their boxer dog, Kelly.

Being a dog lover and having attended numerous cooking schools, I
couldn't resist writing about food and dogs. I'm the author of several
 cozy mystery series: Cedar Bay, Liz Lucas, High Desert, Midwest, and
Jack Trout. Each of these books contains recipes from my  travels. I'm
also the author of the award-winning suspenseful Coyote Series.

A number of books in my cozy mystery series have been designated by
Amazon as All-Stars because of their sales, and I've been named by
Amazon seven times as one of their most popular authors. For the last
two years I've consistently been in the top 100 list of Amazon's most
popular mystery authors. Murder in the Pearl District was chosen by
Amazon to be one of their Mystery book in their October, 2016 homage
of great writing by independent authors!

To get your free books from Dianne, just cut and paste:
http://ow.ly/wgVG304NU9N Enjoy!

Dianne Harman, Author
Amazon: 
http://ow.ly/s6pN5
Web Site 
http://www.DianneHarman.com
Blog: 
http://dianneharman.com/blog/
 Twitter: @DianneDHarman




3 comments:

Dianne Harman said...

Thanks so much for highlighting me!

Bette A. Stevens said...

Great to meet Dianne Harman. Thanks for sharing, Jacquie! And, thanks for the free book offer, Dianne. I'm adding them to my TBR!

Unknown said...

Bette,
Happy to make the introduction! I have been a fan for quite some time and realized,as with your work, her books offer a great study tool for students. It goes without saying, that books written by you and Dianne Harman are excellent reads. I appreciate the fact that you, as an accomplished writer, take the time to comment on this blog.